On January 10, 2001 Dan Brady was sworn in as State
Representative for the 88th Legislative District. Dan was named to the House Republican Leadership team in 2003 as Republican Caucus Chair and in 2008 he was named Assistant Minority Leader. He was sworn in as State Representative of the newly drawn 105th Legislative District on January 9, 2013.
Dan serves as a member on the following Committees in the Illinois
- Appropriations Higher Education
- Higher Education
- Public Safety: Police & Fire
- State Government Administration
- Health & Healthcare Disparities (Republican Spokesperson)
Dan was a member of the House Task Force on Emergency Medical Services Funding and the Governor’s Task Force for Workers’ Compensation Reform. He also served as Co-Chair of the Illinois Funeral & Burial Pre-Need Task force, ombudsman on the Cemetery Oversight Task Force, a member of the Illinois Donor Authorization Task Force, and has served on both the Medicaid Managed Care Task Force and as Co-chair of the House Republican Committee on Methamphetamine.
Dan has been especially active in legislative efforts affecting insurance, families,
law enforcement, and emergency medical services. He most recently championed legislation to help local law enforcement agencies obtain information to assist them in responding the calls involving individuals with special needs.
Tim Pawlenty, right, Minnesota Governor, with Dan & Teri Brady
Background and Education:
Prior to being elected State Representative, Dan was elected as McLean County Coroner in 1992 and re-elected in 1996. Dan received his BA from St. Ambrose
University in Davenport, Iowa, and his Associates Degree from Southern
Illinois University at Carbondale.
Dan and his wife Teri have two children, Danielle and Tom. They reside in Bloomington.
Dan is currently part-owner and a Funeral Director at Kibler-Brady-Ruestman Memorial Home in Bloomington.
Dan has or is serving on the following boards: Advocate BroMenn Governing Council, McLean County Center for Human Services, United Way and American Red Cross. He is a member of various service and fraternal clubs. Dan is the former owner and operator of Brady Funeral Home. Dan has served as a past School Commission member, and former President of the McLean County Elected Officials.
| Dan is the recipient of:
During his years of service, Dan has received recognition for his efforts to build a stronger community from state and local groups. Among these are M.A.D.D. (Mothers Against Drunk Driving) with the "Heroes of the Highway Award", and the Illinois Drug Education Alliance.
- 2012 Illinois Farm Bureau ACTIVATOR "Friend of Agriculture Award"
- 2012 American Conservative Union "Conservative Award"
- 2010 Illinois Farm Bureau ACTIVATOR "Friend of Agriculture Award"
- 2009-2010 National Federation of Independent Business/Illinois
"Guardian of Small Business Award"
- 2010 Illinois Chamber of Commerce "Champion of Free Enterprise"
- 2009 Illinois State Alliance of YMCAs "Legislative Hero Award"
- 2008 Illinois Association of County Board Members and Commissioners "Legislator of the Year"
- 2008 Respiratory Health Association of Metropolitan Chicago "Lung Health Champion Award"
- 2008 Health Care Council of Illinois "Legislator of the Year"
- 2007-2008 Illinois Chamber of Commerce "Champion of Free Enterprise"
- 2007 Life Services Network "Legislator of the Year"
- 2007 Central Catholic High School "Alumni Achievement Award"
- 2007 Youth Build of McLean County "School Champion of Youth Award"
- 2007 Illinois Health Care Association Inductee into the Legislative Hall of Fame
- 2007 N.A.M.I. of Livingston/McLean Counties "Legislator Award for Support of Mental Health Issues"
- 2007 The Children's Foundation "For the Love of Children Award"
- 2006 Illinois Chamber of Commerce "Champion of Free Enterprise Award"
- 2006 Illinois Long Term Care Coalition "Legislator of the Year Award"
- 2006 Bloomington Masonic Lodge #43 "Community Builders Award"
- 2005 & 2004 Illinois Health Care Association "Legislator of the Year Award"
- 2005 Illinois Alcoholism and Drug Dependence "Legislative Leadership Award"
- 2005 Illinois Athletic Trainer's Association "Outstanding Contributions Award"
- 2004 Illinois Farm Bureau "ACTIVATOR, Friend of Agriculture Award"
- 2004 Illinois Association of County Officials "Legislator of the Year Award"
- 2004 National Organization of Parents of Murdered Children, Inc. (POMC) "Father Ken Czillinger Professional Award"
- 2004 Illinois Association of Chiefs of Police "Public Official of the Year Award"
The Eagle Forum named Dan their "Friend of the Family" for his positive voting record on family issues. Dan was also recognized as a "Friend of Normal Firefighters Local 2442" and a "Friend of the Bloomington Township Fire Department."
(bio updated: February, 2013)